Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Few Things Going On...

On Monday, I will have my interview for full ordination as a United Methodist pastor. Everything I've been working toward for 8 years comes down to my interview on Monday! I am nervous, excited, anxious, and all of the above. I'll certainly post on how everything goes.

Also, the excitement continues for the 2nd year in a row of my alma mater going to the Final Four! It will be an interesting weekend at our house with a Butler alum and a die-hard University of Kentucky fan. We are looking forward to cheering on our teams :)


The U2Charist was a great success- I was SO proud of our band and the way everything came together. This was something that I had been working on and thinking about for awhile, and it was just so fulfilling to see it all come together. It was really a moving experience, and I have already had questions about when we will have a similar event again!

And last but certainly not least- God has continued to stir my heart on several big things, such as deciding on whether or not to have children, and where my ministry will take me over the next few years. As for the children thing, I am still not convinced one way or the other and continue to struggle with the whole idea. And as for my ministry, I won't be at Memorial forever, and I won't be an associate pastor forever, so I am discerning where my calling might be leading me to next. Corey and I have had some conversations of late about what our possibilities and options are over the next few years. While there is really no way to know, we have started to think about what could happen. A big question that we keep getting asked right now is, "Are you moving?" And the answer right now is no- we have another year of ministry at Memorial, which I am very thankful for. But every time I get asked that question, I am reminded that my time there is only for a season, and one day, I will move on.

I just hope that the Prayz! band and service continues to flourish and grow under whoever follows me! But I suppose it's not up to me anymore at that point. That's where the beauty or the mess is of itinerancy, either way you want to look at it in any given situation! :)

2 comments:

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

As I prepare for my own move I keep thinking about the UMC system - I can't imagine moving every couple of years, but I can see some of the advantages. I'm praying for all of my friends during appointment season!

Unknown said...

You'll do great. I'll be sending prayers and good thoughts your way on Monday!