Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kole: 1, Squirrel: 0


Today, Kole and I ventured out into the sunny cold for our normal everyday walk. As we neared the end of our walk, we passed by the big old tree where squirrels like to hang out to eat the crab apples that fall from it. As usual, Kole saw a squirrel and went through his normal routine- barking, growling, trying to chase the squirrel, and after a second, I gently pulled him away and we kept walking, the squirrel went on his way up the tree...or so I thought...

The next thing I knew, Kole was running around in circles, tying me up in the leash with him, and he had that squirrel by the tail! I about peed myself! I started screaming, not knowing what to do, trying to piece together what was actually happening, and finally, I gave Kole a quick nudge in the ribs and either that squirrel got lucky and squirmed away or Kole was so shocked that he dropped it! Either way, I caused quite a scene in our neighborhood, yelling for the dog to "drop that squirrel or else!!" I have no clue what happened really, except to say that that squirrel either had a death wish or was very stupid and slow enough for the dog on a leash to catch it! While I was still in a state of panic, Kole didn't seem phased at all and we walked calmly back into our driveway like nothing ever happened...still licking his chops, reminiscing about the squirrel taste that he had gotten. Seriously! I was more shaken up by the whole ordeal than Kole was, but all parties survived- Kole, the squirrel, and I without any injuries to report.

It's all very laughable now...but we now know that Kole can indeed catch a squirrel. Let's hope he doesn't get another taste anytime soon!


PS- It's Super Bowl Sunday...GO COLTS!!!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I really wish I lived in your neighborhood and had been looking out my window at that moment. It sounds like it would have looked hilarious to uninvolved bystanders. Good thing Kole let go, you'd hate to have to deal with the remains of a dead squirrel!

Corey said...

Owned.