Friday, December 4, 2009

Track 2 Interview and a New Flat Screen...oh my!

Yesterday was my Track 2 interview for the Residence in Ministry process, on the way to full ordination. For those non-Methodist minded people, this is my "midterm" evaluation toward ordination where the board is making sure that I'm on track and am doing effective ministry in order for me to continue on, hopefully for ordination in 2011. So yesterday I was nervous and anxious, but it turned out to be a wonderful, encouraging, and affirming morning. The team of lay people I asked to be there all showed up on time, early even, and were very supportive of me and apparently said some really nice things. My senior pastor also was a great support and said nice things as well. And my portion of the interview was fine, with some good discussion and questions from the interview team, and nothing too unexpected or threatening at all. It was a relief!! I felt really affirmed through the day, something that I was not expecting at all. I have to give them credit- that they are trying to be more involved, and in a positive and supportive way. I won't speak for everyone, but that's how my day felt yesterday. That being said, I am glad it's over for now, and I can relax for awhile until the next "hoop". Fun fun.

On another note, Corey got our new flat screen TV yesterday, but only after some obstacles! The one we ordered online ended up being the wrong TV, even though it was advertised for the one we wanted...so it was frustrating to have to take it back to the store and he finally got the one he wanted even though we had a pay a little more money, but luckily our wonderful parents have pitched in as our Christmas gift to help us out with it! So we spent last night rearranging our entertainment systems and TV stands. The parsonage is not designed well for entertaining systems, so we had an interesting time trying to figure out where everything could go and not be in the way and look decent.

Oh, and I found a dead mouse in our garage when I got the Christmas decorations out last week. That was fun..

And it's snowing here! I am SO excited! It's been a good week :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please, please, please don't take all the snow before it reaches PA! We haven't gotten any yet, and I can't wait!