Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dream Interpretation Anyone?

I don't know if I really buy into dream interpretation or whatever, but I have always been interested in it and every now and then I'll check to see what a dream dictionary has to say about a dream that I have.  Over the past year, I've dreamed a few times a week that I am on a cruise ship or some type of boat, and that I'm always traveling somewhere far away, like a foreign country.  A dream dictionary I looked at said that dreams about boats or ships have to do with dealing with emotions.  If the water is smooth, that means that my emotions and my life is "smooth sailing."  If the waters are rough, I am dealing with some tough emotions and situations in my life.  My dreams like this always have smooth waters, but sometimes I am getting lost on the boat or I realize that I've left someone behind on the shore.  Strange, right?  I've never had this much re-occurrence of a dream before.  They are never exactly the same, but I'm always on some kind of boat.  The people sometimes vary, sometimes they are the same. I think that dreams have a lot to do with our sub-consciousness and they say a lot about ourselves that we may not even be aware of.   Either way, I'd like to know why I keep having these dreams.  At least they are not bad dreams...just interesting ones!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I think it is interesting that your ride is a smooth one, but that you realize you've left stuff behind. Maybe those things aren't affecting you as much to be leftbehind as you thought? (I'm going somewhere with this- more when I see you.)